East Mediterranean Cruises
A Majestic Way to Spend your Vacation!
Do you plan to spend your vacation on a cruise ship, but you don’t know where to go? That will change in a few minutes.
The Mediterranean Sea
- The Mediterranean Sea is connecting with the Atlantic Ocean via The Strait Of Gibraltar.
- It is also connecting 3 continents, Europe, Africa and Asia (Middle East).
- It covers almost 2.5000.000 km2 (965.000 Sqm).
- The countries with access to the Mediterranean Sea are Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, France, Greece, Italy, Monaco, Montenegro, Slovenia, Spain, the United Kingdom (Gibraltar), Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Tunisia, Israel, Lebanon, Palestinian territories, Syria and Turkey.
- The Mediterranean has an average depth of 1,500 m (4,900 ft) and the deepest known point is located in Pylos, Peloponnese, Greece in the Ionian Sea, with the depth of 5,267 m (17,280 ft) which is also known as The Calypso Deep. In Oceanography, it is called Eurafrican Mediterranean Sea or the European Mediterranean Sea.
As you can see The Mediterranean Sea is the busiest and most interesting Sea in the whole world! Why is that? Cruising in the Mediterranean will give you the great opportunity to visit different cultures, traditions, meet different people, become part of a 4000 years history by visit ancient monuments, historical places of different civilizations, see different kind of sceneries and views, see romantic islands, taste amazing and different cuisines, smell the different flavours which are pretty much like a “characteristic” of each country and many more unique and wondrous things that you cannot imagine.
More than 120 seaports along the coastline and seventeen different and culturally rich countries, with great history, are waiting to offer you this amazing experience which can last from the famous “7 day Mediterranean Cruise” to a 14 day Cruise. It’s all up to you!
Many companies offer Mediterranean cruises. There are over 50 companies to choose from, but don’t worry, I have done the research for you and you don’t have to do any further search on the internet to find them. I got all of them here for you!
Sailing in the Mediterranean is something that you have to experience!
Cruise to Greece
Another highly recommended cruise to select is a Cruise to Greece.
- Greece has the largest number of islands in the Mediterranean Sea. How many? About 1.200 to 6.000 islands, if we include the ones that are inhabited.
- It also has the longest Mediterranean coastline, although it’s a small country, compared with others in the Mediterranean.
- It has 21 islands with a surface area of more than 190 km2 (75 Sqm).
- The Aegean Sea has the densest collection of islands. Sailing in the Aegean Sea will keep you very busy since you will always have a beautiful island in site. Almost all of them have a different look and architecture. You can see amazing Volcano, Sandy, White or Black Rocky Beaches and Crystal Light Blue Waters on White Sandy Beaches almost within the same hour!
There are many Cruises around the Greek Islands which will give you the opportunity to see many of the beautiful islands and feel the beauty and the renovating sun.
Cruising the Greek Islands is also considered as a time saver. Why? Because within a few days you can visit many islands, see many ancient monuments, see different architectures and taste the amazing and Authentic Greek Cuisine, cooked and served with the Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil and prepared with the great ingredients of the Greek Nature!
Keep in mind that every place in Greece has its own local recipes and slightly different ways to present a dish. That was caused in the old days, first of all, due to the different climate of each place, mild temperatures on an island or chill weather on a mountain, if it’s in the north or in the south, etc and, second, on what kind of herbs and ingredients were available in each place. There are more things to say about the Greek Cuisine, but I ‘ll make another post dedicated to it later on.
For the time being the only thing that you have to keep in mind is that … You will never forget the experience if you spend your vacation in Greece. If you want to know more about the Mediterranean Cruise, check the link below.
My personal choice is the Four Day Cruise which starts from Athens (Piraeus Port). The 4 Day Cruise, in my opinion, is the best choice, because after spending some time in Athens, you can spend four days to see two of the most famous islands in Greece (Mykonos and Santorini) with the minimum cost! This combines sightseeing tours to the most attractive points of interest of Mykonos and Santorini islands. On your way there you will also have the great chance to visit two more wonderful Greek islands, Syros and Tinos! This cruise is prepared by the most professional specialists in the market and gives you the great opportunity to see four of the best islands in Greece, spend plenty of time in the two of them, without wasting your valuable time!